What is Sound Medicine?
Energy Medicine Of Audible Vibration
Sound Medicine® is the science of using audible vibration to release stored energy with conscious intent towards healing. Sound delivers its "medicine" through its clinically proven properties of unification (resonance) and synchronization (entrainment). Sound Medicine® can be used for the reduction of stress and illness, the regulation of our emotional and physical body, and the expansion of consciousness. Sound Medicine® is synergistic, working very powerfully with other modalities.
Healing with sound is a new and expanding field of complementary and alternative medicine. Sound Medicine® is also as old as time.
At an energetic level, sound organizes and composes your energy output by resonating (increasing) your energy, or entraining (optimizing) your energy usage. Sound is used to break up and release stuck energy, or to sooth chaotic energy.
Sound can access your body's cells non-invasively because it is vibration. Everything in the universe vibrates, every cell and every wave. We are all made of vibration and vibration goes everywhere. Some physicists argue that vibration is the language of the universe. They propose that vibration is the code of instructions for consciousness. Modern science researchers are already finding that we can consciously direct our mind body into a calmer, connected state and experience healthier rhythms in our life using sound.
Some sound research...
- Neurobiologists use sound to cure depression
- How sound therapy can reduce anxiety and heal chronic pain
- Effects of music listening on stress, mood, sleep and quality of life in adults with memory loss
- Vibroacoustic therapy- sound vibrations in medicine
Elizabeth's sound technologies:
- BioSound Healing Therapy
- Vibroacoustic Therapy
- Crystal Bowls, Koshis, Bells & other instruments
- Binaural Beats Music
What can I use Sound Healing for?
- Anxiety, stress, or other nervous system imbalances
- Creating a state of receptivity to a change you want to make, ie. quit smoking, eat better, rest more
- Changing your state of consciousness, ie. become more relaxed, more focused, more restful
- Enhancing your daily mindfulness practice
Who can use Sound Healing?
Sound healing is for everyone, not just those who are auditory learners or music lovers.
Here are some specific situations...
- Create balance and calm while dealing with a stressful move
- Reduce busy mommy stress and anxiety
- Rest deeply and rejuvenate after a new baby
- Unwind from an incredibly stressful work week
- Break through an emotional or physical issue you are having
- Add sound as a focusing tool to achieve a goal in your life
- Address insomnia
- Study or work in a more focused way
- Reduce the intensity of a sporting event or scary movie